Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Non-Fiction Books to Fuel Creativity

Believe it or not, I do have hobbies outside of writing, editing my work, and crying about it. Between marketing for The Lazarus Serum and fleshing out the beginning of a new book, I've needed to take breaks so I can learn something new.

That's where hobbies come in. I was recently asked how I keep up the "steam" for writing and editing. I'll post a new vlog on the topic soon, but until then here's a brief answer: take in as much information as you put out. I thought I'd share some of my findings with you, so here are four non-fiction books I plan on using to fuel my creativity! 

1. A Beautiful Mess is a pretty neat book including tips on photography and photo challenges to inspire you. 

2. Happy: Secrets to Happiness from the Cultures of the World is exactly what it sounds like - the book collects cultural secrets and teaches you how to apply them & bring a little brightness to your life.

3.Instant Happy is a great book for bitter writers - it's full of clever motivational tips and photos on how to stay happy. Sometimes a 10 second attitude makeover is enough to get you back into writing!

 4. Grow: How to Take Your DIY Project & Passion to the Next Level and Quit Your Job! promises to serve as a personal mentor and provide step-by-step instructions & advice on turning your project into a career (ahem - self-publishing, anyone?)

Have you read any of these books? Am I missing something important here?
If so, leave a comment below or shoot me an email at fallonjones@live.com!