Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The Lazarus Serum--Release Info

The book market is changing. There's no denying it.

Along with these changes comes uncertainty in the future of publishing--especially for writers. There are plenty of different ways to publish a book now--self publishing, epublishing, ebooks, print paperbacks, expensive hardback editions. Most authors need to ask themselves what the best option is for their books.

I occasionally find myself uncertain as well.

When I first started writing Bite Me. I was twelve and didn't know anything about the industry. I just knew that I wanted to tell stories. At fourteen, my dream was to get my work picked up by Harper Collins so I could become the next L.J. Smith. At fifteen, I decided that self-publishing was my best bet because I could keep all the rights to my works and I would know that however my book sounded in final form, it was 100% mine. At eighteen, I decided I should try to get a literary agent--someone to help me promote and support my work. Someone who would love these characters and their lives as much as I did. While I did receive some very positive feedback from a few of these agents, I have yet to find the one for me.

The Lazarus Serum has been edited, formatted, and approved for Premium Distribution (the Kindle, Nook, & iPad market.) In other words, the book is available for release now.

But something inside me keeps warning me to hold off, just for a few more weeks, just in case the agents of my dreams is about to pick up the phone and fall in love with these stories the same way I have.

And so, I will continue to wait.

I am thrilled to show you all what is waiting, so I've found a compromise. Although I still find myself holding out for my literary knight in shining armor before I release the novel in its entirety, I can give you the first quarter of the book, absolutely free. 

Click here to be linked to The Lazarus Serum's page on Smashwords. This will give you access to a variety of different ways to download the first 25% of the book.

The complete book will be released on October 1st.

I hope you're holding your breath the same way I am. Or not, since we'll probably all asphyxiate by the end of the month.

Happy reading,
Fallon Jones